Education Honours Dissertation (EDUF4021)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this unit, students undertake a research project, developed as part of EDUF4020, under the supervision of an academic member of staff, and possibly as part of a research team. In undertaking the research project, students will be required to demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge of the discipline studied, autonomy and imagination in applying that knowledge, proficiency and skill in the research methods used and a critical and insightful analysis of the results. They will also be required to demonstrate an understanding of relevant ethical issues. Under the direction of their supervisor, students will develop a research report for examination and dissemination to the wider research field.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences) and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
2x2-hr seminars, individual supervision
6000wd research report (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
70+ mark in EDUF4020
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.