Software Quality Engineering (ELEC5618)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will cover software quality planning, validation and verification methods and techniques, risk analysis, software review techniques, software standards and software process improvement and software reliability.
Students who successfully complete this unit will understand the fundamental concepts of software quality engineering and be able to define software quality requirements, assess the quality of a software design, explain specific methods of building software quality, understand software reliability models and metrics, develop a software quality plan, understand quality assurance and control activities and techniques, understand various testing techniques including being able to verify and test a unit of code and comprehend ISO standards, SPICE, CMM and CMMI.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Master of Engineering (Electrical Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Power Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Software)
- Master of Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering)
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Software)
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 2 hrs/week.
Through semester assessment (40%) Final Exam (60%)
Frederick P. Brooks, Jr./The Mythical Man-Month//
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
You are capable of writing programs with multiple functions or methods in multiple files. You are capable of design complex data structures and combine them in non trivial algorithms. You know how to use an integrated development environment. You are familiar and have worked previously with software version control systems. You know how to distribute the workload derived from the unit of study effectively throughout the week and make sure that time is truly productive.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.