Project Quality Management (ENGG2855)
UNIT OF STUDY
Project Quality Management offers a specific, succinct, step-by-step project quality management process. It offers an immediate hands-on capability to improve project implementation and customer satisfaction in any project domain and will help maintain cost and schedule constraints to ensure a quality project. This UOS introduces tools and techniques that implement the general methods defined in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge-Third Edition (PMBOK) published by the Project Management Institute (PMI), and augment those methods with more detailed, hands-on procedures that have been proven through actual practice. This UOS is aimed at providing students an explicit step-by-step quality management process, along with a coherent set of quality tools organised and explained according to their application within this process that can be applied immediately in any project context. It further introduces a Wheel of Quality that codifies in one complete image the contributing elements of contemporary quality management. It also help in understanding the process for establishing a new quality tool, the pillar diagram, that provides a needed capability to identify root causes of undesirable effects.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Laboratory 1 hr/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.