Management of Technology (ENGG5214)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study is designed to develop competence in the management of technology. It will address all aspects of the management of technology, the nature and importance of technological change and innovation, within the context of the global knowledge economy, the management of the new product development process, the role of technology in manufacturing and service competitiveness, the role of IT in logistics management, supply chain strategies, and communication, and the characteristics of high technology markets.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Professional Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Power)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Software)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Telecommunications)
Further unit of study information
Lectures, Tutorials, Project Work - in class
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Sound competence in all aspects of engineering, and some understanding of issues of engineering management
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.