International Eng Strategy and Operations (ENGG5215)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study is designed to introduce students to the global context of much of contemporary engineering and the consequent strategic and operational issues. It will address the nature, characteristics and variety of risks of global businesses, the opportunities and pressures for effective strategies, and the many management challenges in international business. In particular it will focus on Australian consulting, logistics and construction engineering firms that are operating on a global basis.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Professional Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Power)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Software)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Telecommunications)
Further unit of study information
Lectures, Tutorials, Project Work - in class
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Sound competence in all aspects of engineering, and some understanding of issues of engineering management and globalisation
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.