Creative Non-Fiction Workshop (ENGL6984)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study introduces students to the principles and practices of creative non-fiction, also known as literary journalism. This diverse genre includes travel, memoir, biography, essays, historical, medical or investigative narratives. The unit provides a scholarly framework to creative non-fiction and the work of writers such as essayists and literary journalists. In addition to the content provided by the coordinators, three major contemporary non-fiction writers take participants through the process of composition of their recent works.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Creative Writing
- Graduate Certificate in English Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Certificate in US Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Creative Writing
- Graduate Diploma in English Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in US Studies
- Master of Creative Writing
- Master of English Studies
- Master of Publishing
- Master of US Studies
Further unit of study information
1x2000wd Creative non-fiction story (40%), 1x2000wd Exegesis/critical reflection (40%), 4x 500wd Participation & in-class writing (20%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.