Orchestral Experience 1 (ENSE1018)
UNIT OF STUDY
In these units of study, through a wide range of repertoire, students will learn the necessary skills for orchestral and ensemble performance including refining intonation, tone control, working with a conductor, ethics and professional conduct of an orchestral musician.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
Up to 6 hrs/wk - Sectional classes, ensemble rehearsals and 2 public performances.
Tutor/conductor assessment based on attendance participation, performance and preparation, (100%). Further details in the Orchestral Studies Handbook.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
This unit of study is only open for pianists and other specialised instruments assisting with/performing in limited orchestral repertoire. Please see your Chair of Unit if you wish to enrol in this unit. Concurrent enrolment in a non-orchestral instrument.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.