Orchestral Studies 3 (ENSE2005)
UNIT OF STUDY
In these units of study, through a wide range of repertoire, students will develop the necessary skills for orchestral and ensemble performance, including refining intonation, tone control, working with a conductor, ethics and professional conduct of an orchestral musician.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Education (Health and Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
6 hours/ week ensemble rehearsal and performance, audition and developmental classes as scheduled by the unit.
Tutor/conductor assessment based on attendance participation, performance and preparation, (100%). Further details in the Orchestral Studies Handbook.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
WIND2713 or WIND2723 or WIND2733 or WIND2743 or STRG2703 or STRG2723 or STRG2743 or STRG2763 or STRG2773 or BRSS2703 or BRSS2713 or BRSS2723 or BRSS2733 or PRCN2703 or WIND2613 or WIND2623 or STRG2603 or WIND2633 or BRSS2603 or STRG2623 or WIND2643 or PRCN2603 or BRSS2613 or BRSS2623 or BRSS2633 or STRG2643 or STRG2663 or STRG2673
Concurrent enrolment in Principal Study 3 in an appropriate orchestral instrument.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.