Chamber Choir 8 (ENSE4608)
UNIT OF STUDY
Rehearsals prepare the auditioned members of the Chamber Choir for a public concert(s) at the end of each semester. The music chosen covers compositions from Gregorian chant to the twenty-first century, and may include a baroque orchestra, or instrumental ensemble. Sight-singing skills, style and historical performance practice will be an emphasis in preparation for performances. Rehearsals include 2hrs with the Conservatorium Choir.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
5hrs of rehearsals/wk
A final grade will be compiled from continual assessment of professional demeanour and ensemble skills demonstrated during rehearsals and performances. (100%).
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.