Environmental Simulation Modelling (ENVI5809)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study introduces participants to the power of simulation modelling in understanding and predicting behaviour of natural systems. It covers fundamental concepts, logic, and techniques (including sensitivity analysis), and develops skills in application to environmental problems such as catchment management and population dynamics.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Science
- Graduate Certificate in Marine Science and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Graduate Diploma in Agriculture and Environment
- Graduate Diploma in Complex Systems
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science
- Graduate Diploma in Marine Science and Management
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainability
- Master of Agriculture and Environment
- Master of Complex Systems
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Environmental Science and Law
- Master of Marine Science and Management
- Master of Sustainability
Further unit of study information
Six all day sessions
Project plus report (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
This unit assumes a sound understanding of scientific principles, HSC level Mathematics and understanding of basic statistics.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.