Professional Practice (EXSS3045)
UNIT OF STUDY
The aim of this unit is to engage students in practical experiences relevant to exercise science. These experiences should reinforce theoretical knowledge and practical skills acquired through university studies. Students complete at least 140 hours of supervised practicum in relevant areas such as design, delivery and evaluation of exercise interventions as well as exercise science projects in a community health area. Students participate in an on-campus placement which allows them to build their skill and confidence prior to undertaking an allocated placement at a site which is usually located off-campus.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science) and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
3x 1-hr placement preparation tutorials held for students in Semester 2 of the year that precedes EXSS3045 and 1-hr tutorial in the semester of enrolment in the unit of study.
Attendance on placement, competency in professional and practical skills and submission of paperwork (Pass/Fail)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.