Projects in Exercise and Sport Science (EXSS3051)
UNIT OF STUDY
The aim of this unit is to allow students to integrate knowledge from previous units of study in the exploration of a research question of their own interest. The unit is designed specifically for students who may be interested in pursuing a topic of their choice and evaluating the evidence for current practices. Topics covered include: critical evaluation of the literature, research design, research ethics, data collection and analysis and presentation of results. Activities and assessments will focus on practical applications in exercise and sport science. Emphasis will be placed on practical research skills and generic skills such as communication, teamwork, independent and critical thinking. Students who are planning on enrolling into Honours or a higher degree in research are encouraged to enrol in this unit.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise Physiology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science)
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1-hr lecture/week, 2-hr practical or tutorial/week
2500 word lliterature review (50%), 500 word project proposal (10%), 15 minute presentation (40%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
HSBH1007 or HSBH2007
BIOS1168 and BIOS1169 and EXSS1018 and EXSS1032 and EXSS2022 and EXSS2025 and EXSS2028
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.