Practicum with Low Risk Clients (EXSS3052)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will engage students in practical experiences relevant to exercise science and Exercise Physiology. These practical experiences will reinforce theoretical knowledge and skills acquired through university studies. Students will complete at least 140 hours of supervised practicum in relevant areas such as design, delivery and evaluation of exercise interventions for healthy, low risk populations. Prior to undertaking an off-campus allocated placement, students participate in an on-campus placement, which allows them to build their skill and confidence.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise Physiology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
Further unit of study information
3x 1-hr placement preparation tutorials held for students in Semester 2 of the year that precedes this unit of study, and 2 x 1-hr tutorials in the semester of enrolment in the unit of study.
Competency in professional and practical skills relevant to ESSA Exercise Physiologist accreditation
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.