Junior French 4 (Intermediate) (FRNC1622)


This unit follows FRNC1621. Students will focus this semester on the cultures and societies of the French-speaking world. Students' knowledge of grammar will be expanded through greater focus on complex sentence construction and development of strategies for expressing opinions and impressions. The unit will also focus on developing information-gathering skills and Class presentation techniques in French.

Our courses that offer this unit of study

Further unit of study information


1x2hr tutorial/week, 1x1hr tutorial/week


10xOnline messages and quizzes equivalent to 400wds total (10%), 1x500wd dictation test (10%), 2x grammar tests equivalent to 1000wds total (20%), 1x1000wd writing test (20%), 1x800wd comprehension oral test (15%), 1x800wd oral test (15%), Tutorial participation (10%)

Faculty/department permission required?


Unit of study rules


FRNC1621 or FRNC1611


FRNC1202 or FRNC1631

Study this unit outside a degree

Non-award/non-degree study

If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.

Cross-institutional study

If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.