Environmental Mapping and Monitoring (GEOG5004)
UNIT OF STUDY
The unit introduces methods associated with acquiring data in the field and examines issues associated with application of spatial data to environmental monitoring, terrain mapping and geocomputing. Students will learn both theoretically and practically how environmental data is collected using different remote sensing techniques, (pre)processing methods of integrating data in a GIS environment and the role of spatial data in understanding landscape processes and quantifying environmental change.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Science
- Graduate Certificate in Marine Science and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Graduate Diploma in Agriculture and Environment
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science
- Graduate Diploma in Marine Science and Management
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainability
- Master of Agriculture and Environment
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Environmental Science and Law
- Master of Marine Science and Management
- Master of Sustainability
Further unit of study information
2 hours of lectures and one three hour practical per week.
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.