Challenges of Democratic Politics (GOVT6150)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit examines the challenges of modern representative government. Comparing models of democratic politics, we assess the continuing relevance of political institutions, such as parliaments and parties, and consider political processes, citizen disengagement and new forms of participation.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Administrative Law and Policy
- Master of International Law
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x1000wd Research proposal (15%), 1x1000wd Seminar facilitation (15%), 1x4000wd Research essay (60%), 1x Seminar participation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.