Leadership in Theory and Practice (GOVT6313)
UNIT OF STUDY
'The leader points the way.' Eleanor Roosevelt. Leadership is a story that resolves these questions: What is a leader? What kinds of leaders are there? Is democratic leadership different from other kinds? Is leadership in a local community similar to that in national politics or international politics? Are leaders made or born? Is leadership generic? Is it the same in Europe and Asia? What is the difference between a leader and a manager? This unit reviews and evaluates theories of leadership. Participants' experiences and perceptions of leadership are an important part of the unit.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Design Computing
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Policy Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Administrative Law and Policy
- Master of China Public Administration
- Master of International Law
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Policy Studies
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x1200wd Leadership profile (20%), 1x3000wd Essay (50%), 1x1800wd Reflective journal (30%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.