Terrorism and International Security (GOVT6314)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit provides a comprehensive theoretical and empirical introduction to the problem of terrorism worldwide and its impact on global security. It will cover the origins of terrorism, the structure and behavior of terrorist organisations, social, political, economic, and technological trends that impact terrorism and the threat it poses, and the complexities of counterterrorism policy. The knowledge and analytical skills acquired by students in this unit will be instrumental in understanding the challenge of terrorism.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Health Security
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Health Security
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Security
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x2-hr seminar/week or equivalent in intensive session
1000wd essays/analytical briefs (3x25%) and 2hr final exam (25%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.