Foundations of eHealth (HSBH1010)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this unit, students will be introduced to eHealth and the role of technology in healthcare. The aim of the unit is to provide future health professionals and policy makers with a strong foundation in eHealth on which they can make evidence-based decisions. In particular, this unit will provide students with opportunities to examine: how technology affects health care in different Australian health contexts; ethical issues surrounding eHealth; innovations in eHealth including designing health apps for mobile devices; how emerging technologies affect patient-centred communication between health professionals and between health professionals and their clients/patients; and strategies for interacting with patients and clients using different technologies. Students will develop their skills in various technologies identified as important for future clinicians and create an ePortfolio to showcase their learning to potential employers. This unit will also enhance students as learners by providing them with reflective learning skills identified as core to successful health care.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology)
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
2x1-hr lecture/week, 1x1-hr tutorial/week
Reflection task (15%), case study (40%), ePortfolio (40%), and participation (5%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.