Rural Health (HSBH3011)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit introduces students to a range of practice and research issues in rural health care. Topics covered include: the nature and variety of rural settings; special populations and cultural safety; rural health needs and access to health services; relevant models of health service delivery; and the rural health workforce and inter-professional practice.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Distance education/intensive on-campus mode. Web-based learning, Week 1 lecture (2hrs) on campus with mandatory attendance. All other materials asynchronous online.
Attendance at timetabled lecture and online participation (20%), group assignment 3000 words (35%), individual research assignment 2 000 words (45%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
HSBH1006 and (HSBH1007 or HSBH2007) and HSBH1008 and HSBH1009
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.