International Risk Management (IBUS3102)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is designed to introduce students to the nature of risk management, particularly the identification of risk, its analysis and consequences for international business actors. Emphasis is placed on surveying some of the environments that can potentially generate risk, how these risks can impact various aspects of market composition and market participation, the integrity of business actors and their profitability and viability. The business environments surveyed include the international financial system, government and regulation of business activity, compliance risk, corporate social responsibility and activism, as well as issues associated with country and political risk.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Commerce and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Design Computing
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Economics and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies
Further unit of study information
1x 2hr lecture and 1 x 1hr workshop per week
mid-semester exam (30%), team case analysis (20%), individual risk analysis (30%), final exam (20%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
36 Junior credit points of units
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.