Interface Design (IDEA9105)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit introduces students to the fundamentals of user interface design. Interface design is an important element of a human-centred design approach to the development of interactive computational systems. Students will learn about industry standard user interface design and usability principles and guidelines, based in visual design theory and visual perception. They will acquire practical knowledge through the application of tools and techniques for designing and evaluating user interfaces for web and mobile products. The unit increases awareness of good and bad design through observation and evaluation of existing technology, and develops appreciation of visual design principles and their impact on the user experience of interactive products. The knowledge and skills developed in this unit will equip students with the essential capabilities for working in the interaction design and user experience profession. This unit is a foundational core unit in the Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts program.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Design
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Heritage Conservation
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Illumination Design)
- Master of Urban Design
Further unit of study information
Lecture 1 hr/wk, Tutorial 2 hrs/wk
Participation (10%); Design Assignments (90%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.