IDEA Laboratory 2 (IDEA9201)
UNIT OF STUDY
The aim of this unit of study is the learning of key technical skills for prototyping and building interactive digital media within a creative design framework. The unit provides an introduction to the fundamentals of various software and hardware construction tools, and the technological platforms available for building sensor-based interfaces. The lab sessions will be conducted as a series of intensive lectures/tutorials during the first half of the semester. Students will gain practical experience through a series of exercises and assignments. For those students enrolled in IDEA9202 IDEA Studio 2, it will provide the foundation for the technical implementation of the studio project.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Design
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Heritage Conservation
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Master of Moving Image
- Master of Urban Design
Further unit of study information
Intensive Mode: Weeks 1, 3 and 5, lectures totalling 13 hours, tutorials totalling 26 hours.
3 x Individual Assignments (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.