IDEA Dissertation (IDEA9303)
UNIT OF STUDY
The combined research project and dissertation offers students the opportunity to work on an individual research project exploring current problems and issues in a wide range of application areas that would benefit from an inter-disciplinary design research approach to design, technology and human-computer interaction. Students can choose to follow one of the primary types of design research: design (a fundamental component of the research is the design and implementation of an artefact/system); empirical (empirical data gathering is required to understand a phenomenon); model (a computational model is generated to understand a phenomenon); and studio-based (creative/experimental design or artform is produced for exhibition).
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Design
- Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Master of Heritage Conservation
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Illumination Design)
- Master of Urban Design
Further unit of study information
Group Supervision 2hrs/wk
Proposal and presentation (10%); Dissertation and built work (80%); Mixed media documentation and final presentation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
This unit of study is available to MIDEA students only. Students must seek permission to enrol from the Program Director before the start of the teaching semester.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.