Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (INFO5060)
UNIT OF STUDY
The frontier for using data to make decisions has shifted dramatically. High performing enterprises are now building their competitive strategies around data-driven insights that in turn generate impressive business results. This course provides an overview of Business Intelligence (BI) concepts, technologies and practices, and then focuses on the application of BI through a team based project simulation that will allow students to have practical experience in building a BI solution based on a real world case study.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
Further unit of study information
Lecture 4 hrs; Tutorial 2 hrs; Laboratory 6 hrs; Presentation 3 hrs; Project Work - own time 6 hrs.
Through semester assessment (65%) Final Exam (35%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
The unit is expected to be taken after introductory courses or related units such as COMP5206 Information Technologies and Systems
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.