Information Security Management (INFO5301)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study gives a broad view of the management aspects of information security. We emphasise corporate governance for information security, organisational structures within which information security is managed, risk assessment, and control structures. Planning for security, and regulatory issues, are also addressed.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Professional Engineering (Software)
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (40%) and Final Exam (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
This unit of study assumes foundational knowledge of Information systems management. Two year IT industry exposure and a breadth of IT experience will be preferable.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.