Professional Practice in IT (INFO5990)
UNIT OF STUDY
This Unit of Study introduces the students to some of the concepts, standards and techniques associated with the current professional practice in information technology in the business environment.
Students will encounter a range of concepts, techniques and professional issues including interpersonal and organisational communication, human resources and conflict resolution, globalisation, professional ethics, social impacts of IT, data security, data quality assurance, system audit, investigative research and project management practice. Practical and real world case studies will be used as part of the learning to enhance the in-class teachings to the needs of industry.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Professional Engineering (Software)
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (50%) Final Exam (50%)
G J Kennedy/INFO5990 Course Outline/2013//
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Students enrolled in INFO5990 are assumed to have previously completed a Bachelors degree in some area of IT, or have completed a Graduate Diploma in some area of IT, or have many years experience as a practising IT professional.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.