Project Management in IT (INFO6007)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study covers the factors necessary for successful management of a wide variety of Information Technology projects. The course covers both quantitative and qualitative aspects of project management. Topics include the management of time, scope, budget, risk, quality, and resources through each of the phases of a project.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Science
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Professional Engineering (Software)
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
Lecture Workshop 3 hrs/week; WeeklyAssignments 5 hrs; Exam Preparation 16 hrs.
Through semester assessment (40%) Final Exam (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Students enrolled in INFO6007 are assumed to have previously completed a Bachelors degree in some area of IT, or have completed a Graduate Diploma in some area of IT, or have three years experience as a practising IT professional. Recent work experience, or recent postgraduate education, in software project management, software process improvement, or software quality assurance is an advantage.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.