Information Systems (ISYS2140)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will provide a comprehensive conceptual and practical introduction to information systems (IS) in contemporary organisations. Key topics covered include:
* Basic concepts of information systems
* Network fundamentals and applications
* E-business and e-commerce
* Information systems for competitive advantage
* Functional and enterprise systems
* Business intelligence
* Information systems acquisition
* Information security, ethics, and privacy
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (50%) Final Exam (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
INFO1103 or INFO1903 or INFS1000 or INFO1003
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.