Jazz Large Ensemble 7 (JAZZ4002)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study covers all aspects of professional and creative ensemble performance, including: reading, improvisation, dynamics, tone, intonation, articulation, swing, time-feel, style and ensemble interaction.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Musicology)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
2hr Elective Jazz Orchestra or 3hr Big Band class
A final grade will be compiled from continual assessment of professional demeanour and ensemble skills demonstrated during rehearsals and performances (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.