Jazz Large Ensemble 7 (JAZZ4002)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study covers all aspects of professional and creative ensemble performance, including: reading, improvisation, dynamics, tone, intonation, articulation, swing, time-feel, style and ensemble interaction.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
2hr Elective Jazz Orchestra or 3hr Big Band class
A final grade will be compiled from continual assessment of professional demeanour and ensemble skills demonstrated during rehearsals and performances (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
These units are only available to non-jazz students. Entry to these ensembles is by audition held during the week before classes commence in semester 1. Contact Chair of Unit for day and time.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.