Legal Research I (LAWS1013)
UNIT OF STUDY
This is a compulsory unit taught on a pass/fail basis. The aim of the unit is to introduce students to finding and citing primary and secondary legal materials and introduce them to legal research techniques. These are skills which are essential for law students and will be required to be applied in other units.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Laws
Further unit of study information
Satisfactory attendance, eLearning quizzes and in-class exam.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
LAWS1008 or LAWS1203
Semester 1 classes are for Combined Law candidates in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Semester 2 classes are for Combined Law candidates in the Business School and faculties of Architecture, Engineering and Science.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.