Legal Research II (LAWS1019)
UNIT OF STUDY
This is a compulsory unit taught on a pass/fail basis. It is a continuation of Legal Research I and covers advanced searching techniques and the use of Lexis.com, Westlaw and other complex commercial databases. The purpose of this unit is to further develop the skills you will need as a law student and to introduce you to the legal research skills you will need after graduation.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Laws
Further unit of study information
Satisfactory attendance and in-class exam
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.