Coastal Management Field School (MARS5004)
UNIT OF STUDY
The field school will be based around visits to a series of coastal sites along the NSW coast. The unit will include a series of introductory lectures followed by visits to the sites where both unit staff and local coastal managers and stakeholders will address the students on the nature of the site, its historical development and contemporary coastal management issues and solutions. Sites will be selected to the representative of both the range of coastal systems present along the NSW coast, as well as the range of management issues presented by the sites.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Science
- Graduate Certificate in Marine Science and Management
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science
- Graduate Diploma in Marine Science and Management
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Environmental Science and Law
- Master of Marine Science and Management
Further unit of study information
Fieldwork 80 hours block mode
Assignment and report (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.