Mechanical Design 1 (MECH2400)
UNIT OF STUDY
Aim: For students to experience a realistic the design process and to develop good engineering skills.
Course Objectives: To develop an understanding of:
1. the need for and use of standard drawings in the communication and definition of parts and assemblies,
2. Efficient use of a CAD package
4. the design process from initial idea to finished product
5. Methods used to analyse designs
6. standard components.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 2 hrs/week; Laboratory 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Compiled/Cust Applied Mechanical Design 1/1/2015/978174376308//
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
ENGG1801 and ENGG1802, HSC Maths and Physics
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.