Materials Failure (MECH5304)
UNIT OF STUDY
Develop advanced knowledge and skills in diagnostic analyses of materials failure using advanced techniques; enhance students' ability in handling complex engineering cases using interdisciplinary technologies; and provide students an opportunity to understand project research.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Aerospace)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Biomedical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Mechanical)
Further unit of study information
Lecture 1 hr/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week; Laboratory 3 hrs/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Fundamental knowledge in materials science and engineering: 1) atomic and crystal structures 2) metallurgy 3) structure-property relationship 4) mechanics of engineering materials 5) solid mechanics
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.