Advanced Engineering Materials (MECH5310)
UNIT OF STUDY
To understand (a) how to define the relationship between properties and microstructures of advanced engineering materials, (b) how to improve mechanical design with the knowledge of mechanics and properties of materials, and (c) how to conduct failure diagnosis of engineering materials.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Automation and Manufacturing Systems)
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Aerospace)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Biomedical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Mechanical)
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 3 hrs/week; Laboratory 3 hrs.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.