Dealing with the Media (MECO6901)
UNIT OF STUDY
Dealing with the Media provides students with practical experience in seeking media coverage for a specific issue on behalf of a non-profit organisation. It requires students to research, design, present, implement and evaluate a communication strategy, and to develop key tactical elements including media releases for distribution across multi-media platforms.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Museum and Heritage Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Publishing
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x2000wd communication plan (30%), 1x500wd media release (20%), 1x500wd presentation to client (15%), 1x3000wd essay (35%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.