Dealing with the Media (MECO6901)
UNIT OF STUDY
Dealing with the Media combines theoretical and practical perspectives on public communication campaigns. It offers students the opportunity to design, implement and evaluate a communication campaign of public interest and to pitch it to specific media. It examines the relationships that exist between all stakeholder groups in the public communication campaign process including client, public relations practitioner, journalist and citizen.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Museum and Heritage Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Publishing
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x2000wd campaign proposal (30%), 1x500wd media release (20%), 1x500wd oral campaign presentation (15%), 1x3000wd PR evaluation essay (35%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.