Legal and Ethical Issues in Media Practice (MECO6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
MECO6902 will introduce students to key legal and ethical issues relevant to journalism and the professional fields of public communication. Students will be given an introductory survey of the main ethical theories in Western thought to establish a framework within which to examine specific ethical issues that relate to media systems. They will also be introduced to the structure of Australia's legal system in comparison with other legal systems, and explore selected law, regulation and policy issues.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Publishing
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x3000wd Essay (40%), 1x1500wd Presentation (20%), 1x1500wd Online comment piece (30%), 1x Seminar participation (10%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.