Political Public Relations (MECO6912)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study analyses and examines the convergence of public relations, advertising and political consulting in the history of political campaigning. The unit's objectives are to demonstrate an understanding of the relationships that exist in the political process between politicians, the media and public relations. It develops student skills specific to the delivery of political public relations and political campaigns. Its focus is the process of professionalisation and internationalisation of electioneering and campaign practices in media-centred democracies.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x Seminar participation (10%), 1x2000wd Campaign proposal (30%), 1x2000wd Campaign presentation (30%), 1x2000wd Essay (30%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.