International Media Practice (MECO6926)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study introduces students to the theory and practice of international media. It considers variation among international media practice by studying media institutions, occupations, contents and audiences across the world, including China, India, USA, Europe, Africa, Australia and the Middle-East. Students will have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of international media practice and to develop knowledge and skills that will assist them in facing the challenges of the global media work environment.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Crosscultural Communication
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd Critical review (25%), 1x1500wd Media commentary (25%), 1x3000wd Essay (50%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.