Organisational Communication (MECO6927)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study introduces key concepts in organisational communication. Students will explore various structures of organisations and how those structures affect the flow of communication within workplaces. Upon the completion of the unit, students will develop their understanding of key concepts in organisational communication and apply them to analyse communication problems in organisations. Students will also be able to offer well-grounded criticism on selected organisational issues.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Crosscultural Communication
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Publishing
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
2x1250wd in-class essay (40%), 1x3000wd group research project (50%), 1x500wd discussion facilitation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.