Social Marketing (MECO6934)
UNIT OF STUDY
Social Marketing integrates marketing concepts with other approaches to influence behaviours that benefit individuals and communities. Examples include smoking cessation, HIV prevention and recycling. Key elements include research, theory, competition and segmentation. This unit builds students' knowledge of how social marketing can be used to facilitate behaviour change and improve social outcomes, including health, environment, economic and education programs. It will include how to design, manage and communicate social and behaviour change programs in Australia and internationally.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x1000wd essay (25%), 1x2500wd team project report (45%), 1x1000wd team project presentation (15%), 1x1500wd weeekly discussion (15%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.