Social Marketing (MECO6934)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit examines the nature of social marketing, and how marketing communication concepts, frameworks and techniques developed for commercial marketers can address social issues based on an understanding of what moves and motivates people. This unit provides students with a deeper understanding of how marketing management is used to improve societal outcomes. It will be of particular interest to those who want to gain practical insight into how to manage and evaluate the special communication needs of the non-commercial sector.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd introspective Essay (25%), 1x2500wd social marketing project (45%), 1x1500wd campaign critique (20%), 1x500wd project presentation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.