Radiographic Practice 2.1 (MRTY2080)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this unit of study the student will investigate radiographic techniques and study the roles of additional imaging modalities in the diagnosis of trauma, injury and disease, in particular, of the musculoskeletal system. The unit of study is divided into modules focusing on designated regions. Aspects covered within each module will include patient preparation, contrast media administration, technical considerations, radiographic pathology, with the routine protocols being supported by evidence drawn from reference articles. Practical: practical classes will provide students with experience in patient care, practitioner patient communication, radiographic positioning and appropriate anatomy and pathology recognition. The tutorial classes will focus on the development of image critiquing skills through the use of a library of images and clinical scenarios.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
2-hrs lectures, 1hr tutorials/week and directed independent learning
1x45 minute MCQ cross sectional anatomy class test (20%), 2x15 minute prac tests (20%), 1x45 minute MCQ film critique test (20%), 2 hour exami (40%)
Bontrager and Lampignano Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy.(7th edition)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.