Ethics, Law and Professional Practice (MRTY3101)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit consolidates and extends students learning of ethical, legal and professional practice in the medical radiation sciences. Theoretical aspects of ethics and law relating to the health sciences will be integrated with applied cases. Students will be required to identify and reflect on professional aspects of MRS practice and be aware of what it takes to work at a high professional standard. Students will become familiar with documents relating to their professional practice such as codes of conduct, registration, licensing, and be able to use these documents in their ethical decision making.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x 2-hr lecture/week
professional portfolio (40%), 2hr end semester exam (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.