Radiographic Practice 3 (MRTY3105)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study integrates knowledge from both basic and applied clinical sciences and focuses on the radiographer and the patient. Professional practice and personal development issues are considered at the same time as designated techniques. In this unit, the student will investigate specialised radiographic techniques and study the roles of additional imaging modalities in the diagnosis and management of trauma, injury and disease. Neurological, gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and cardiac imaging, incorporating the use of CT, MRI and angiography, as well as image interpretation and mammography will form the basis of lectures and tutorials for this semester. Aspects covered will include patient preparation, contrast media administration, technical considerations, radiographic anatomy and pathology and routine protocols for the specialised modalities discussed.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x2-hr lecture/week, 1x2-hr tutorial/fortnight
In-class test (25%), group presentation (25%) and end semester exam (50%)
Bontrager, K. L., & Lampignano, J. (2010) Textbook of radiographic positioning and related anatomy (7th ed.). St. Louis, Mo.: Mosby/Elsevier
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
MRTY2092 and MRTY2091
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.