Popular Music Studies (MUED4006)
UNIT OF STUDY
The purpose of this unit is to examine methods for teaching popular music. This includes study of relevant literature, investigation of the place of popular music in music education, analysis methods suitable for popular music, composition and performance of popular music, and technology aspects of popular music studies.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Music (Performance) (Jazz Studies)
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Musicology)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
Presentation (30%), reports (25%), assignment (45%).
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.Find a non-award course for this unit of study
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.Find a cross-institutional course for this unit of study