Music Performance (MUSC2612)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study offers an integrated approach to live music performance that includes practical and research components. Students participate in solo and ensemble situations in weekly in-class concerts. Constructive feedback by peers is a significant part of this course and participants trace their own development in weekly reflective journals. Music of all genres (including classical, experimental, popular, jazz and world music), instruments and voice types are accepted, and collaboration across musical traditions is strongly encouraged. A number of seminars dealing with specific key issues are interspersed throughout this unit of study, including performance stress, technical and psychological preparation, ensemble communication and audience perception. Auditions are held during 'O Week' and Week 1 of semester. Please contact the Arts Music Unit Student Administration office on 9351 2923 for further information.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Education (Health and Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Diploma of Arts
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
3 contact hours/wk
50 minutes of performance throughout semester (50%); participation and contribution during course and final public concert (20%); seminar presentation (15%); researched critical/programme notes (1200 words) (15%).
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
18 Junior credit points
Audition Requirements: 2 contrasting pieces (or excerpts) totalling 6 minutes and a brief interview.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.