Research in Nursing and Health Care (NURS5069)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study will examine and critique established and emerging ways of researching nursing and health care through discussion of the philosophical and theoretical origins of the research traditions and knowledge generation in nursing research. Conceptualisation of research questions, selection of research designs, governance of research and research utilisation in the clinical setting will be explored. Opportunities will be provided to engage in the research process with reference to clinically related situations.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trials Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Cancer and Haematology Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Emergency Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Intensive Care Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Primary Health Care Nursing
- Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Master of Cancer and Haematology Nursing
- Master of Emergency Nursing
- Master of Intensive Care Nursing
- Master of Mental Health Nursing
- Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
Further unit of study information
distance education/intensive on campus, up to 4 study days
online activities (30%) critical review (30%) and research plan (40%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.