Professional Practice I (OCCP1100)
UNIT OF STUDY
Establishing a professional identity and integrating and applying theory to practice are essential to occupational therapy service provision. This unit will focus on professionalism in preparation for practice in all areas. Additionally, students will develop an understanding of occupational therapy strategies implemented across diverse areas, develop essential core teamwork skills and elements of professional communication (written and verbal) skills, and cultivate a professional approach to work. Students will participate in supervised practical experience equivalent to 40 hours. This can occur outside of the semesters during semester breaks.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Dalyell Scholars)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x2hr lecture/week, 1x1hr tutorial/week
Group presentation (30%), individual assignment x 2 (35% each), fieldwork assessment (Pass/Fail)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Students must complete jurisdictional and statutory obligations prior to all fieldwork placements. These include holding up to date, required vaccinations, Criminal Records Check, Working with Children Check and Australian cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.