Professional Practice 2 (OCCP2086)
UNIT OF STUDY
Professional practice involves problem solving, clinical reasoning and collaborative teamwork. This unit continues the focus on professional development in preparation for practice across all areas. During the semester, students will further develop their understanding of how clinical reasoning informs the occupational therapy process, along with their professional therapeutic and teamwork communication. Students will participate in supervised fieldwork experiences in a simulated health care setting and in an off-campus professional service setting. The off-campus component is completed outside of the semesters during semester breaks.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x3hr lecture seminar/week
Individual assessment (40%), final exam (60%) and fieldwork assessment (Pass/Fail)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
OCCP1099 and OCCP1100
Students must complete jurisdictional and statutory obligations prior to all professional fieldwork placements. These include: holding up to date required vaccinations, Criminal Records Check, Working with Children Check and an Australian cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.